Sunday, July 12, 2015

Ugly Workspaces Do Not Equal Happy Teachers

 Hey y'all! You know how you have a million and one copies to make and a mailbox to check everyday? Well do you smile when your doing those tasks on a daily basis? I started to find myself feeling really drab when I had to go make copies or check the mail.  I felt like our tiny copy room needed a little   drastic makeover!!! As you can see below the color of the wall was purple and the counters were lime green..... who would have know someone would actually put those colors together?? Anyway, I started thinking about smiling while I was at the copier and what in the world would put a smile on my face?? A bright and cheery room of course!! Now I know what your thinking, that looks like it took forever! Well, with the help of my dad, we knocked it out in 3 short days.
Here is the room before..... need I say more! 
I decided to go bright and bold on the wall color. (the color is from Sherwin Williams- tantalizing teal) I thought the wall color could be toned down with grey and white accents.  I used an old cork board and covered it with fabric from Hobby Lobby for both pin boards.  

This wall greets you as you walk in.  I purchased all these items from Hobby Lobby.  I almost died when I saw the flower pom pom balls.  I remember spending hours making these 2 years ago for my classroom. Thank you Hobby Lobby for making life easier! 

I thought a lamp would add that soft, cozy feeling to the room.  Remember that hideous lime green counter? I painted over it with white primer then 2 coats of white high gloss paint. 

I can't wait to stand at the copier with a little smile and a whole lot of happy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment